1894 – The glory of Milang has departed, and even its most patriotic inhabitant cannot but admit that since the construction of the railway to Overland Corner and the establishment of similar means of communication between Adelaide and Murray Bridge the township has been on the down grade. Still there is a silver lining to every cloud, and in this instance it is provided in the shape of the Lakeside Butter Factory. Although it has not been established for any length of time, the produce of this particular factory has deservedly gained a high reputation, not only locally, but in the home market. In fact, the owners have recently received communications from Germany, and from Hull, in Yorkshire, enquiring whether it would not be possible to export direct to these places, and they hope that satisfactory arrangements will be made towards this end. We were shown over the factory on our return journey, and had an opportunity of sampling the butter, which was pronounced to be excellent in every respect. The country in the neighborhood is eminently suited for keeping dairy cattle, which do exceedingly well in the swampy lands surrounding the lake. Everything in the factory is constructed on the most approved and latest fashion, the machinery being run by a four- horsepower engine. South Australian Chronicle (Adelaide, SA : 1889 – 1895), Saturday 4 August 1894, page 6
1905 – The local butter factory, after being closed for some months, is now working actively, and promises to soon regain its old-time good reputation for butter producing. The new owner, Mr. Paschke, late of Strathalbyn, has a good reputation, and has already secured the support of the majority of dairymen in the district. Chronicle (Adelaide, SA : 1895 – 1954), Saturday 14 January 1905, page 14
1914-1918 The Milang Butter factory was owned by Mr Murphy Fromen and Co Ltd. And managed by Mr Joseph Alfred Morcom. J Morcom also managed the Hindmarsh Island factory for time, from 1914.
Boats Across the Lake 2001, Milang and District Historical Society.